Tuesday, November 8, 2011

♥ Give Thanks ♥

♥ Give Thanks Poem ♥  {Author unknown}

For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
For the friendship that hope and affection have brought--
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the homes that with purest affection are blessed,
For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
For our country extending from sea unto sea;
The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

Such a beautiful poem. This time of year we start thinking about how thankful we are, with Thanksgiving and the Holidays coming up. But I try to think of everyday as "Thanksgiving". I am always so grateful for what I have in my life. Especially my children, husband, mom, sister and the rest of our family and friends. Remember to give thanks not just this time of year but always.

I made this sweet little box to give as a gift to someone special. I am going to fill it up with either some candies or mini cookies. I covered the box with some Prima Printery papers. That adorable little squirrel is from Michael's. I also painted a wooden spool, added some twine to it and then added that beautiful stamped frame and sentiment to it. I also stamped a sentiment onto the tag also. The stamps are from JustRite's Kindness Cling Set. I also used the flower stamp (around the box) from the Fancy Labels Cling Set. Such beautiful sets!



I was inspired to make this once I saw the current JustRite Friday Challenge, Give Thanks. It is to make and GIVE or SEND a thank you card or gift. And you must also use JustRite stamps on your creation too!


Happy creating! So thankful that you stopped by!! ;)

13 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Melissa this is a beautiful wee box, it will make a gorgeous gift filled with goodies. Lee x

Margie Higuchi said...

Had to pop in here and comment on how precious your project is - love your take on the challenge! Good luck :)

Loz said...

hoa adorable is that squirrel! I love it x

Kristi said...

Saw you over at the JustRite blog and wanted to stop by to say how adorable your project is! I like how you used your JR stamps and the little squirrel is to die for!

Esther said...

Just darling!!!!!!!

Rufus said...

Marvelous project and that squirrel is sooooo cute!
R/

Dora said...

This project...I'm love!

scrappingnana said...

Great poem. Yes, we do need to remember to be thankful all the time, not just at Thanksgiving.
Your box is beautiful and such a cute little squirrel. TFS

Ani said...

Wow! This is super cute! I'm your new follower!
Hugs, Ani

Linda Breedlove said...

Absolutely darling!!!

Maria said...

Wow!!! Just simply adorable...love it!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so adorable! What a fabulous gift! Thanks also for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment.

Marge said...

This is so creative and so cute -- a lovely thank you gift for someone very special!!!